Nestle operates in about 500 countries and has a workforce of more than 2 lakh employees. It is a Switzerland-based company which is the world’s biggest food company.
Their slogan is ‘Good Food, Good Life’ and they live by it every day in every step to provide every individual with the best product for them.
1. Companies Owned by Nestle
Nestle has a big portfolio of companies under it and if we consider globally this number will be around 2000.
It is among the world’s biggest conglomerate brands and is flourishing and thriving year after year, with the inclusion of more, better, and newer products along with the application of innovative techniques in its product line, use of creative marketing, and focus on sustainability.
2. Some of the Most Popular Brands in Nestle’s Portfolio
2.1. Baby Food
- Nestle Cerelac – a cereal specifically made for infants who are 6 months and more, this is easy to digest, comes in various flavors, and is instantly ready.
- Cheerios – A completely natural cereal made using extracts from 5 different grains without adding additives. It is among the most loved and enjoyed healthy breakfast cereals across the globe.
2.3. Health Substitutes
- Nestle Coffee-Mate – A lactose-free cream that helps to make your coffee more delicious and creamy without any cholesterol.
- Boost – One of the most popular milk drinks, which provides children with the requisite nutrition in the form of vitamins and minerals. Has a yummy taste that favors their palette, and makes them healthy and active for having to work or play the whole day long.
- Nescafe – The perfect instant coffee, for your morning stimulant. More than 5000 cups are made every day. Among the best and the most selling instant coffee brands.
- Blue Bottle Coffee – A freshly roasted coffee brewed as per your order, and sourced with craft and care from the best coffee farms.
- Starbucks Coffee at Home – Enjoy the same Starbucks experience, at the comfort of your home. Coffee is made with the best ingredients and with the utmost care and attention for your best coffee experience.
- Maggi – In India the most cherished snack by the younger generation, Maggi is like the staple of some kids and is a quick-to-make meal and can be customized based on your preferences. Started as one flavor, now available in multiple types including wheat-based options.
2.6. Chocolate and Confectionary
- Nestle KitKat – It is a chocolate with wafer and crunch, and as the tagline suggests it gives you the best break. It was initially available in only a very few flavors but now there is a whole plethora of scrumptious options available for all moods.
- Nestle MilkyBar – A simple milk chocolate that is loved by all and comes with zero additives or preservatives. It is a completely sweet indulgence and doesn’t even have any artificial colorings.
- Nestea – A large variety of teas, both sweetened and unsweetened. Available in flavors to satisfy all moods including iced teas, green teas, and normal teas.
- Nestle Milo – The world’s most loved chocolate malt beverage rich in Vitamins A, B, and C.
- Nesquik – Just like ready-to-eat foods are very popular, ready-to-drink beverages are what people are loving now. Nesquik provides chocolate, powder, syrups, and other such alternatives which can be mixed with milk to enhance the taste while retaining its nutritional value.
2.8. Ice Creams
- Haagen Dazs – The ultimate luxury ice cream brand to end the cravings of all. It has a special way of picking the very best ingredients and curating them into delectable ice creams bound to appeal to all generations alike.
- MovenPick – The abode of naturally made ice creams, with no artificial colors or flavors and made with the best ingredients and best served chilled.
3. Innovative Approaches Used by Nestle
- Installation of refillable vending machines in certain parts of the world, where you can bring your containers and get the desired liquid from the vending machine after scanning a QR Code.
- You can also buy reusable containers, the whole idea is to reduce the amount of disposable packaging used.
- Using plant-based substitutes, mixing fava beans with oats to create a protein-rich substitute for milk. Very healthy, and not very heavy so can be consumed at any time of the day and can also be used with cereals or mixed with other products.
- Using paper packaging for products that typically come in plastic packaging. Their bestselling chocolate KitKat is being introduced in a new packaging made up of paper, in some parts of Australia. The idea is to check the workability of the whole process and implement it on a larger scale then.
- There is a constant change in how people consume food, even contemporary items, and to keep up with the trend your product needs to be what the generation of today requires. Looking at the movement of choices of consumption of cold or iced coffee, Nestle has launched a new instant cold or iced coffee for use at home, which tastes like a freshly brewed one.
- Health is the key role that defines your brand when you are selling any kind of food item premade, quick to make, or ready to cook. Usually, quick-to-make foods are not very healthy, and even if they are well planned and designed they are not compatible with diabetes affected population, to cater to this population Nestle has come up with a new line of products, specially designed for lean eating.
4. Final Notes
Nestle is among the best food-providing brands in the world, its products are available across the globe wherever humans can reach.
They maintain high quality and great variety, and source ingredients from the best possible places. It has a lot of brands under its umbrella which will serve you with any and every possible food item.